Easy to prepare, these taquitos with creamy chicken are delicious and moist. They’re also oven-baked – no need to fry!
This delicious oven-baked chicken taquitos is sure to make any meal a fiesta. Flavorful Spanish rice Instant Pot Pinto beans and Refried Beans are perfect for serving with these taquitos.
Taquitos with a powerful punch
Since my family enjoys taquitos so much, I decided to make a different version.
It’s so simple to make this roasted beet side salad. This salad is bright and earthy with a variety of textures and flavors.
They are easy to make and full of flavor. These are great for lunch or dinner and even as snacks… they also make great appetizers or party food.
It couldn’t get any easier. You just need to mix up the filling and roll it out. You could use 1/3 of the cream cheese or sour cream to make the filling lighter.
You can eat them plain or dip them into my cilantro sauce. You can be sure that everyone will love these tasty, delicious taquitos!
Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
Combine the cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder with salt.
Sprinkle a little spice mixture on each side of the chicken breasts after drizzling olive oil. Lay out the chicken breasts onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a baking mat.
The chicken should be baked for between 20 and 25 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of at least 165 degrees. Use two forks and shred the cooked chicken. Set aside the chicken to cool.
Preparation. Line a second baking sheet, this time with baking mat or parchment paper.
Put the cream cheese in a microwave-safe large bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or until it becomes soft. Stir in the cheeses, shredded chicken, sour cream, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Combine thoroughly.
Assemble. Add a couple of tablespoons to the bottom edge of each tortilla. Be sure to leave some space at the end so that the mixture does not ooze when baking. Place it on the baking sheet, seam down. Continue with the remaining ingredients.
NOTE： to make them extra crisp, brush them lightly with butter melted before baking.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool down for five minutes and then serve.
Storage Tips and Information
- Shred : A quick and easy way to shred chicken is by putting it into your stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Mix on low for a couple of seconds.
- Shortcut for Chicken: Rotisserie chicken or leftovers cooked would save time in this recipe.
- Corn TortillasIf you are using corn tortillas to roll, heat them in the microwave for 20 seconds with a dampened paper towel.
- Cheesy Topping: Sprinkle on some Mexican or cheddar blend cheese during the final 5-10 minutes to create a delicious cheesy top.
- Toppers: Serve with your favorite toppings.
Enjoy later. They can be stored frozen for 3 months in an airtight container. When you’re ready to cook, there is no need for them to be thawed first. Transfer the frozen vegetables to a baking pan, and then bake them at 425° for about 15-20 minutes.
STASH Restaurant leftover cooked taquitos in Ziploc bags in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Wrap the REHEAT taquitos in paper towels and heat on high about one minute.
For More delicious Mexican dishes, try:
- Beef Barbacoa
- Chicken Tortilla Casserole
- 20 Minute Cheesy Taco Skillet
- Easy Red Enchiladas
- Chile Verde Chicken Tamale Casserole
- Three large chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- 14 tsp cumin
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- 8 oz (1 block) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup of salsa
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Chili powder, 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder, 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- Green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro – minced
- Juice 1 lime
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Half a cup of pepper jack shredded cheese
- 16-18 small flour tortillas*
Creamy cilantro dipping sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp cilantro – minced
- Juice 1/2 lime
- Garlic powder, 1/4 teaspoon
- Cook Mode How to prevent your screen from turning dark
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Combine the cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Sprinkle a little spice mixture on each side of the chicken breasts after drizzling olive oil. Lay out the chicken breasts onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or baking mats.
- The chicken should be baked for between 20 and 25 minutes or until it reaches a temperature of at least 165 degrees. Use two forks and shred the cooked chicken. Set aside the chicken to cool.
- Set the oven to 425°.
- Line a second baking sheet, this time with parchment or baking mat. Set aside.
- Put the cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, or until it becomes soft. Stir in the cheeses, sourcream, lime juice and other ingredients. Combine thoroughly.
- Add some tablespoons to the bottom edge of a flour tortilla. Be sure to leave space at the ends to prevent the mixture from oozing out during baking. Place it on a baking sheet, seam down. Continue with the remaining ingredients. If you like them extra crisp, brush them lightly with butter before you bake them.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Allow to cool down for five minutes and then serve.
- Combine all ingredients for the dipping sauce. Refrigerate until serving.
This creamy chicken taquitos is easy to prepare and delicious! They’re also oven-baked, so no need to fry! These are sure to be a favorite in the family.
Volume 90 % – 0 of 1 minute 32 seconds
You can also use corn tortillas but the result will be about half a dozen more taquitos.
Carbohydrates: 18 g